Remanufacturer’s Limited Warranty
The Remanufacturer issues this non-transferable Limited Warranty to the original purchaser/owner of the vehicle in which the engine, transmission or component is installed. The Remanufacturer warrants the remanufactured engine, transmission or component part, which was purchased and is described in this warranty to be free from defects in materials or workmanship if properly installed and maintained during the specified warranty period. If the remanufactured engine, transmission or component fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship during the specified warranty period, the Remanufacturer will repair, replace or refund, at the discretion of the Remanufacturer the engine, transmission or component in question.
Engines and Transmissions -Whichever shall occur first:
36 Months/100,000 Miles: Passenger Cars, Police Cars and Light Trucks up to ¾ ton except motor homes* and special use vehicles* listed below. This warranty covers parts and labor as described in Remanufacturer’s Limited Warranty for a period of 36 Months/100,000 Miles.
24 Months/24,000 Miles: Trucks 1 ton and over except motor homes* and special use vehicles* listed below. This warranty covers parts and labor as described in Remanufacturer’s Limited Warranty.
12 Months/12,000 Miles: All Supercharged vehicles and All Taxi cabs. This warranty covers parts and labor as described in Remanufacturer’s Limited Warranty.
3 Months: Stationary, agricultural and industrial. This warranty covers parts and labor as described in Remanufacturer’s Limited Warranty.
12 Months: Marine Applications. This warranty covers parts and labor as described in Remanufacturer’s Limited Warranty.
Class B and C: These being built on Ford, Dodge, or General Motors “cutaway chassis” or van chassis will be warranted under the standard ASG warranty. Coverage excludes labor for removal and replacement of accessories not specific to the original manufacturer’s chassis:
½ ton thru ¾ ton for standard 3 year 100,00 miles
1 ton for standard 2 year 24,000 miles
Class A: These being “purpose built” chassis or truck chassis in excess of 11,000 lb GVW will carry a parts only 6 month 12,000 mile warranty.
This warranty is subject to the standards described in the Remanufacturer’s Limited Warranty.
** ALL TRUCK AND VAN CHASSIS EMERGENCY SERVICE VEHICLES AND RAILROAD VEHICLES WITH HIGH RAIL EQUIPMENT ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY
Limited Warranty Disclaimer And Exclusion To Coverage.
Limited Warranty does not apply if the engine, transmission or component is:
- Not registered with Remanufactured Warranty Registration Department with in 30 days of installation.
- Installed in vehicles or marine applications used for racing, off-road use, or containing high performance modifications, aftermarket superchargers, emergency service vehicles, railroad vehicles with high rail equipment.
- Installed in an application that was not intended by the original manufacturer, abuse, misuse, lack of maintenance, damage by accident or fire, improper installation, lack of proper lubrication at start up, detonation, over heating or failure of any kind due to defective equipment installed on engine, transmission or component.
- Not serviced at proper intervals, use of fuel/oil/coolant not in accordance with original manufacturers specifications.
- Installed using an oil pump other than the one supplied with the engine.
- Installed using a different valve body or converter other than the one supplied with the transmission.
- Installed in an application set up for propane or any alternative fuels using a standard gasoline production engine or component.
Limited Warranty Excludes:
- Compensation for inconvenience or loss of vehicle use.
- Expenses incurred in securing replacement vehicles, rentals, lodging, towing, roadside assistance, vehicle storage, loss of time, loss of income, commercial loss, long distance telephone calls, legal fees, or other consequential cost or damages.
- Any extensions to Limited Warranty beyond the described period from the date or mileage of the original installation of engine or component due to repairs or replacements.
- Repairs or replacements otherwise covered if performed without prior authorization from the Remanufacturer, failure to return defective engine, transmission, component or repair parts, failure to supply proper paperwork and documentation.*
- Parts and labor costs that exceed allowed limits.* Parts and labor costs due to misdiagnosis of failure.
- Any gaskets, gasket sets or component parts, unless installed on engine or component at time of remanufacture.
- Any cost incurred for replacement of any parts not related to remanufactured engine, transmission or component failure. (i.e. ignition components, fuel system components, sensors, cooling system components or other maintenance related components).
- Any and all failures occurring outside of the contiguous States of the United States of America
- Labor incurred removing or replacing accessories not specific to the original chassis manufacturer on all class B and C motor homes.
* SEE LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIMS PROCESSING AND PAYMENT POLICY.